Give me back my Start Button
The biggest thing people complain about in regards to Windows 8/8.1 is, it’s not easy getting around the computer to the various places they are familiar with a central starting point.
Windows 8.1 sort of addressed this short coming. You right click on the Windows icon/start button which is still not that friendly for some and it does not handle all the concerns people have.
It took people other than Microsoft to develop an easy access area that people are familiar with.
We call it the start button because it’s a centralized area we can click on and from there we can access other areas of our computer. This way we get easy access to Documents, Pictures, Music, Control Panel, Printer and all the programs we have installed.
To change this in Windows 8.1, I recommend people download and install a program that once installed will give you back the familiarity you had when running Windows XP and Windows 7.
That program is called Classic Shell. This is a free program and for a free program it is really good!
Classic Shell™ is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it. The main features are:
- Highly customizable start menu with multiple styles and skins
- Quick access to recent, frequently-used, or pinned programs
- Find programs, settings, files and documents
- Start button for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer
- Caption and status bar for Internet Explorer
- Both 32 and 64-bit versions are supported. The same installer works for all versions.
Download your copy here: http://www.fosshub.com/Classic-Shell.html