Iphone not detected Windows 10
I recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 and found that iTunes no longer detected my iPod Touch or iPhone. Here’s how I fixed it.
- Ensure the latest version of iTunes is installed.
- Open “Control Panel“.
- Select “Devices and Printers“. Scroll down to ‘Unspecified Devices’
- Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the “UnspecifiedDevices” section. Right-click it and select “Properties“.
Note: If you don’t see your device listed here, ensure you have selected to trust this PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.
- Select the “Hardware” tab, then click the “Properties” button.
- From the “General” tab, select the “Change settings” button.
- Select the “Driver” tab, then select “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software“.
- Select “Browse…” then navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“. If you don’t have this folder, check in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers“.
- Click “Next” > “Close“.
Your Apple device should now be detected successfully within iTunes.
If it’s now showing in Itunes but not File Explorer try this:
Open File Explorer and double click on C: drive
1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
2) right click usbaapl64.inf (32 bit version look for usbaapl.inf)
3) select Install (return message is it installed successfully)